<CPOV> Something I've written about the development of the NPOV principle on en-wp

Joseph Reagle joseph.2011 at reagle.org
Wed May 25 19:09:31 CEST 2011

It seems that your primary objection is the subsumption of NPOV to the Verifiability policy, as well as a shift away from worrying about "rationality"? I actually think this makes sense as the earlier formulation then prompts questions as to who was being rational or not. What, then, is the standard? But by saying Neutral Point of View, verifiability, no original research are actually different manifestations of a single epistemological stance remove such subjectivities and contentions. If you're not familiar with it, you might also be interested with my discussion of this in Good-Faith Collaboration pages 53-58 on the history of the term.