<CPOV> Something I've written about the development of the NPOV principle on en-wp

Dror Kamir dqamir at bezeqint.net
Wed May 25 08:44:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

As part of my preparations to my talk on Wikimania 2011 (in Haifa), I
wrote a short essay about the development of the NPOV principle on
Wikipedia. I used quite a few citations from the recently published
reader (therefore I presented it at the preface with some flattering
words, I hope you don't mind, even though it's beyond the CC "protocol"...).

http://anduraru.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/the-development-of-the-npov-rule-on-the-english-language-wikipedia/

I don't know how much time you have to spare (these are busy days -
Icelandic volcanoes erupt, the US president is looking for his Irish
roots, the Israeli circus is making extra shows at the Capitol Hill,
Egypt still tries to figure out what elections are...), but if you do
have some spare time, I would very much appreciate your comments.
Warning: This is an essay ABOUT NPOV. It does not follow any NPOV rule
in any form. It wouldn't be hard to guess my opinion after reading it.
Another warning: I didn't have enough time yet to make the final touch,
so please excuse me for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Thanks a lot and enjoy,

Dror K