<Fair City Amsterdam> Fwd: Re: corona rents ++ 2 klassieke films/docus over de stad

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Tue May 5 12:06:03 CEST 2020

En nog meer ...
;-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: corona rents ++
Date: 2020-05-05 12:02
 From: panayotis antoniadis <panayotis at NETHOOD.ORG>
To: INURA at YORKU.CA

Hi all!

Greetings from Zurich!

Here we have been affected by the crisis since our new collective space,
L200, http://langstrasse200.ch, is closed since March 18th.

This means much less voluntary work (which is relaxing :-)), but also
some stress about the future of the space since the high rent was
covered by small fees for the different activities.

For this, we are in negotiations with the city to get a rent waiver and
we are still waiting for their reply.

This recent article by WOZ (in german) summarizes the current debates
between owners and renters (small businesses, restaurants, etc):
https://www.woz.ch/2018/kein-mietzinserlass/die-rechten-lassen-das-gewerbe-haengen

<....>

P.S.2 During the quarantine we have discovered various INURA-related
films, like this "classic" on the right to the city:
http://www.eterotopiafrance.com/television/le-droit-a-la-ville-henri-lefebvre/

Or this recent one on Jane Jacobs, "Citizen Jane - Battle for the City"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tid_MAtHbno