::fibreculture:: Casual tutor required, Digital Culture, U of Newcastle

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Thu May 12 16:43:03 CEST 2011

Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 07:44:24 +1000
From: Marj Kibby <Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au>
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
Subject: [Air-L] Casual tutor required, Digital Culture,	U of
	Newcastle	Australia

Hi all,

For my sins I have been seconded to a full time position improving the
student experience. So I'm looking for someone to teach Digital
Culture - a third year course in the BA that has students from a wide
range of programs taking it as an elective.

As taught in 2010 it has three modules.

Module 1 The Information Revolution
Module 2 Produsers, Creativity and Remix Culture
Module 3 Social Networks & Online Communities

Students undertake tasks relevant to the module.
Set up an annotated bibliography in Delicious; edit specific Wikipedia
pages; Post images to Flickr, download a classmates images and
manipulate and re-post them; and so on.

They then read related material and discuss the process in an online
forum.

Three assessible items:
Contribution to the discussion
A research project
A production project using free online tools.

As the course is online the tutor would not need to be located in
Newcastle. However being able to have one or two f2f meetings would be
an advantage.

If interested please contact me privately marj.kibby at newcastle.edu.au

Regards,
Marj

Associate Professor Marjorie Kibby
Discipline Convenor: Film, Media and Cultural Studies
School of Humanities and Social Science
The University of Newcastle  Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
+61 2 49216604