[Filmfestivalresearch] Up to three full studentships available: St Andrews Film Studies

Stefanie Van De Peer sevdp at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 18:47:40 CET 2012

*** apologies for cross-posting ***

The Department of Film Studies at the University of St Andrews is pleased to offer up to three full studentships for PhD study beginning in September 2013. We offer extensive opportunities for students doing cutting edge research.

Our department is committed to the professional advancement of our students, and offers special sessions dedicated to the writing of cover letters, resumes, and the preparation of teaching portfolios. This student-oriented attitude runs throughout the department, with high-profile academics guiding PhD students through their years of study and preparing them thoroughly for university and industry careers.

Join one of the top three Film Studies departments in the UK; the highest performing department in Scotland, in any discipline; one of the largest PhD programmes in Film Studies.

Research world cinemas, film philosophy, queer theory and gender identity, film festivals, documentary, early cinema and film history.

Contribute to conferences and symposia, student film festivals, the new graduate student journal Frames and the acclaimed Film Festival Yearbook Series.

For more information and to discuss your proposal, please contact us:

www.st-andrews.ac.uk/filmstudies<http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/filmstudies>

Dr. Dennis Hanlon
Director of Postgraduate Studies
Film Studies
101A North Street
St Andrews, Fife
KY16 9AD
Scotland, UK

T: +44(0) 1334 467473
E: filmstudies at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:filmstudies at st-andrews.ac.uk>

For information on doing a PhD in Film Studies:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/filmstudies/phd.php

For information on the funding available in Film Studies:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/filmstudies/funding.php

For information on how to apply for a PhD at the University of St Andrews:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/pg/apply/

Find all the application materials here:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/pg/apply/forms/