[Filmfestivalresearch] Film Festival Research about Genderequality and Berlinale

Editordesk Thaicinema.org editordesk at thaicinema.org
Thu Jan 8 02:05:22 CET 2015

Dear Mahelia,

I did not do that research but, as a regular press for Cannes since
1995. During 1995 and around mid-2000s, Cannes would select women to
be the president of jury every other year. They just stopped in the
past several years. Unfortunately, most of them were actresses. But
Last year, Cannes had more female sitting on the jury committee than
male counterparts.
You can check the exact figure from Cannes website.

I am not sure about gender equality in film selections.

best,
Anchalee