[Filmfestivalresearch] Film Festival Research about Genderequality and Berlinale

Patricia White pwhite1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:38:46 CET 2015

Hear Mahelia,

I discuss these questions in my forthcoming book (link below) and will
welcome primary research.

https://www.dukeupress.edu/Womens-Cinema-World-Cinema/

Good luck with your work!

Patty White

On 1/7/15 8:05 PM, Editordesk Thaicinema.org wrote:
> Dear Mahelia,
>
> I did not do that research but, as a regular press for Cannes since
> 1995. During 1995 and around mid-2000s, Cannes would select women to
> be the president of jury every other year. They just stopped in the
> past several years. Unfortunately, most of them were actresses. But
> Last year, Cannes had more female sitting on the jury committee than
> male counterparts.
> You can check the exact figure from Cannes website.
>
> I am not sure about gender equality in film selections.
>
> best,
> Anchalee
>
> On 1/6/15, Mahelia Hannemann <Mahelia.Hannemann at filmuniversitaet.de> wrote:
>> Dear Researchers,
>>
>> I am currently working on my Master Thesis regarding what A-Filmfestivals
>> like the Berlinale can do or does to support Genderequality, especially
>> female filmmakers. I'll be analysing the official competition 2013. If
>> anybody is working on a similar subject, please contact me for potential
>> exchange.
>>
>> With kind regards,
>>
>> Mahelia Hannemann
>> Master Studentin Medienwissenschaften
>>

>> Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
>> Marlene-Dietrich-Allee 11
>> 14482 Potsdam
>>
>> Leiterin 'Neue Konzepte'
>> 8. Empfang der Filmhochschulen 10. Februar 2015
>>
>> Programmteam
>> Sehsüchte 42.  internationales Studentenfilmfestival 24.-28. April 2013
>>
>> Chefredaktion Programmheft + Leitung Retrospektive Doris Dörrie
>> Sehsüchte 41. internationales Studentenfilmfestival 23.-28. April 2012
>>
>> www.sehsuechte.de www.facebook.com/sehsuechte

Patricia White
Professor and Chair
Department of Film and Media Studies
Swarthmore College
Swarthmore, PA 19081
(610) 328-8148

F14 office hours: M 11-2, T Th 11:30-12:30 and by appointment

https://www.dukeupress.edu/Womens-Cinema-World-Cinema/

wmm.com

cameraobscura.dukejournals.org

www.filmquarterly.org