[Filmfestivalresearch] Deadline submission for NECS 2015 is January 31st

Marijke de Valck m.devalck at uva.nl
Thu Jan 8 14:27:13 CET 2015

Dear all,

Traditionally the NECS conference, the annual conference of the European Network for Cinema and Media Studies, is a meeting point for film festival scholars. This year’s edition will take place in Poland, in the city of Łódź. Please find below the invitation for submissions and attached the complete call for papers. We would like to remind subscribers you can use this list to  circulate your ideas for pre-constituted panels, and then finalize and submit these off-list.

Best wishes,
Marijke

-----------------------
Deadline: 31 January 2015

We would like to invite for the 9th NECS annual meeting which will take place in Łódź (Poland). Scholars from all areas of cinema, media and cultural studies (including radio, television, new media, game studies etc.), whether already members of NECS or new to the network are invited to submit proposals for contributions.
The main theme of the conference is: "Archives of/for the Future". In recent decades the figure of archive has been extensively employed in various fields of academic reflection. Moreover, since the introduction of accelerated digitalisation, the practice of archiving has strongly influenced modes of academic work and cultural activities. In order to reflect on the challenges and possibilities of this multifaceted notion we are interested in proposals which would deliberate on various aesthetic, philosophical, social, technological, methodological and practical aspects of archives in the era of digitalisation.

The online submission form for NECS 2015 is now available. Please note that you must be a member of NECS with all fees paid in full before submitting proposals.

Dr. Marijke de Valck
Associate Professor in Media Studies
Program Director MA Preservation and Presentation of the Moving Image
University of Amsterdam, Department of Media Studies
Turfdraagsterpad 9, room 1.15A
1012 XT Amsterdam
Netherlands

+31 20 525 3994