[Filmfestivalresearch] Request for help from the list

Skadi Loist skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jan 20 22:19:00 CET 2015

Dear Anshu:

Thanks for getting in touch.

First: If you want to post a request to the list, you need to send it to: filmfestivalresearch at listcultures.org, not (just) the list-owner…  Feel free to post the request again to the whole list!

Second: Re. your question on film festivals in the GDR.

Are you in German Studies, i.e. do you read German?  If so, there are a number of references on film festivals founded in the GDR, which are listed in our history section of the FFRN bibliography: http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/index.php/ffrn-bibliography/1-film-festivals-the-long-view/1-2-political-aspects-of-film-festivals-history/

Especially Andreas Kötzing (German and English) and Caroline Moine (French and German) have written extensively about the DOK Leipzig Festival, founded in the 1950s.  I’m not sure whether there were more than this one.  I know of several renowned festivals in the former East German part of Germany, but I am not positively sure whether they have been founded after reunification (the overwhelming part has).

The Children’s film festival in Gera might be original East German (GDR).  But Dresden Short Film Festival, Cottbus FF etc. which are of considerable size now, have been founded after reunification to my knowledge.

You should get in touch with Andreas Kötzing and Caroline Moine.  They would know for sure!

Cheers

Skadi

-- -- -- -- --

Skadi Loist

Universität Hamburg
Institut für Medien und Kommunikation
Von-Melle-Park 6, Postfach 20
20146 Hamburg

Germany

mobile: +49.176.6204.0039

Tel.: +49.40.42838.6287

 <mailto:skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de> skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de

 <http://www.skadiloist.de/> http://www.skadiloist.de

"Queer Film Culture: Queer Cinema and Film Festivals"

14.-15. Oktober 2014 | International conference. Universität Hamburg.

 <http://www.queerfilmculture.org/> www.queerfilmculture.org

Co-founder Film Festival Research Network

 <http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/> http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/

Festival Review section editor NECSUS_European Journal of Media Studies

 <http://www.necsus-ejms.org/> http://www.necsus-ejms.org/

Loist, Skadi, Sigrid Kannengießer und Joan Kristin Bleicher, Hg. (2013). Sexy Media? Gender/Queertheoretische Analysen in den Medien- und Kommunikationswissenschaften. Bielefeldt: transcript.
 <http://www.transcript-verlag.de/ts1171/ts1171.php> http://www.transcript-verlag.de/ts1171/ts1171.php