[Filmfestivalresearch] Input request on working conditions at film festivals

Forum österreichischer Filmfestivals info at film-festivals.at
Wed Feb 14 13:54:16 CET 2018

Dear Skadi,

As Verena Teissl mentioned, we conducted a study in 2015 amomgst 20
Austrian Film Festivals also touching the issues of festival labor and
working conditions.
You can find the report here
http://www.film-festivals.at/media/presse/Filmfestivalreport_Oesterrei.pdf

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to help.

All the best from Vienna,
Marie-Christine

Zitat von Skadi Loist <s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de>:

> Dear festival researchers and festival organizers,
>

> I have a quick question for you.  In preparation for an event put on
> by the newly formed union group for festival workers in Germany
> (Festivalarbeit: https://festivalarbeit.wordpress.com/)  I am
> looking for input on the topic of festival labor and working
> conditions in other countries.  Do you know of any debates of labor
> issues, strikes, etc that you could point me to and share info about
> the specific arguments?  Also, do you know of any best-practice
> examples to look to?  Anything labor related, like contracts,
> payment, working hours, free labor, family-friendly work
> arrangements, benefits, etc is of interest.  Any hints are much
> appreciated.
>

> Cheers
>
> Skadi
>

> ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ⛵ ~ ~
>

> Dr. Skadi Loist
>
> Visiting Professor Production Cultures in Audiovisual Media Industries
>

> Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf
>
> Marlene-Dietrich-Allee 11
>
> 14482 Potsdam
>
> Germany
>

> office: +49.331.6202.212 | mobile: +49.176.6204.0039
>
>  <mailto:s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de> s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de |
> <http://www.skadiloist.de/> www.skadiloist.de
>

> Project Leader " <http://skadiloist.de/?page_id=15> Circulation"
> (BMBF 2017-2020)
>

>  <http://www.necs.org/> necs.org | Steering Committee member
> European Network for Cinema and Media Studies (NECS)
>

>  <http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/> filmfestivalresearch.org |
> Co-founder Film Festival Research Network
>

>  <https://www.gfmedienwissenschaft.de/ag-medienindustrien> AG
> Medienindustrien | Sprecher*in AG Medienindustrien der Gesellschaft
> für Medienwissenschaft (GfM)

FÖFF Forum österreichischer Filmfestivals
Währingerstraße 73/9-10, 1180 Wien
info at film-festivals.at
http://www.film-festivals.at

Alpinale
Crossing Europe Filmfestival Linz
Der neue Heimatfilm Freistadt
Diagonale
Ethnocineca - Int. Documentary Film Festival Vienna
Festival of Nations
Filmfestival Radstadt
FrauenFilmTage
Int. Filmfestival Innsbruck