[Filmfestivalresearch] LJMU MA Short Film Festival opens this Friday

Papadimitriou, Lydia L.Papadimitriou at ljmu.ac.uk
Tue Apr 13 11:03:03 CEST 2021

Dear List members,

I am writing to let you know about the LJMU MA Short Film Festival (https://ljmumashortfilmfestival.org/) that I run as part of the new MA Film at LJMU and that will go live 16-23rd April. The festival is part of the module ‘Exploring Film Festivals, Distribution and Exhibition’ so students are involved in most stages. The MA Film combines theory and practice, and in this module the practice consists of putting together the festival.

The festival has three strands: Documentary/Fiction/Animation. It would be great if you joined the festival and also spread the word! The films are not geo-blocked, so it is accessible from everywhere, it is free and no registration is needed (although you can optionally subscribe for updates).  Viewers can also vote for the Audience Award. There will also be three Jury “Paper Bird” awards, one per strand: https://ljmumashortfilmfestival.org/paper-bird-award-and-jury/

Organising this online short film festival with (and for) students has been quite an experience (and a lot of work!), but also rewarding and very interesting. Lars Koens has been working with me on this, and also leading on the creative and the technical side (https://ljmumashortfilmfestival.org/people/).

You can also follow/share/like us on social media:
https://www.facebook.com/LJMUMAShortFilmFestival
https://www.instagram.com/ljmumasff/
https://twitter.com/LJMUMASFF

I look forward to ‘e-see’ you in the festival from this Friday!

All best

Lydia

---
Dr Lydia Papadimitriou
Reader (Associate Professor) in Film Studies
Liverpool John Moores University
Redmonds Building
Brownlow Hill
Liverpool
L3 5UG
Tel. 0151 2314857

Principal Editor: Journal of Greek Media and Culture<https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-greek-media-culture>

Latest publication: Contemporary Balkan Cinema: Transnational Exchanges and Global Circuits<https://edinburghuniversitypress.com/book-contemporary-balkan-cinema.html> , edited by Lydia Papadimitriou and Ana Grgic, EUP. Discount code: NEW30 for 30%

Academia Profile<http://ljmu.academia.edu/LydiaPapadimitriou>

Important Notice: Liverpool John Moores University was established as a Higher Education Corporation under section 121 of the Education Reform Act 1988. Further information about Liverpool John Moores University can be found at https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/about-us The information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent and the recipient must ensure that the email (and attachments) are virus free. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University. We will use the personal data information provided by you to respond to your email. For information about how we process personal data and monitor communications please see our Privacy Notice. https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/legal/privacy-and-cookies