[Filmfestivalresearch] [aff] "Bones and All" by Luca Guadagnino to open the 13th American Film Festival

Nowe Horyzonty newsletter newsletter at nowehoryzonty.pl
Mon Oct 24 15:35:26 CEST 2022

Bones and All by Luca Guadagnino to open the 13th American Film Festival
  One of the most awaited movies of the year. Directed by Luca Guadagnino, a film auteur of a cult status. Each and every of his works achieves peaks of popularity. In the cast: a number of talent and celebrities, with amazing Taylor Russell and Timothée Chalamet in the forefront.
  We are proud and thrilled to announce: Bones and All will open the American Film Festival in Wroclaw.
  Single tickets go on sale on October 28 (on www.americanfilmfestival.pl).

  Love at the End of America
  Bones and All is a movie about first love between Maren (Taylor Russell), a young woman learning how to survive on the margins of society, and Lee (Timothée Chalamet), an intense and disenfranchised drifter. As travel together for a thousand-mile journey they will go through the back roads, hidden passages and trap doors of Ronald Reagan’s America. But despite their best efforts, all roads lead back to their terrifying pasts and to a final stand that will determine whether their love can survive their otherness.
  Bones and All has been directed by Luca Guadagnino, who recently won the Silver Lion for Best Director at the 2022 Venice Film Festival for the film. Italian director ‘s work is a perfect combination of his European sensibility and American energy, visible in previous movies: Call Me By Your Name (with the Academy Award winning script by James Ivory) and Suspiria.
  In Bones and All, Guadagnino was joined by a wonderful cast led by Taylor Russell (Waves, The Heart Still Hums), who won the Marcello Mastroianni Award for Best Young Actor at this year’s Venice Film Festival; Timothée Chalamet (Oscar-nominated for Call Me by Your Name, and lead in highly acclaimed Dune); Michael Stuhlbarg (Call Me by Your Name, The Shape of Water); André Holland (Passing, Moonlight); Chloë Sevigny (We Are Who We Are, American Horror Story); David Gordon Green (Halloween Ends, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent); Jessica Harper (Suspiria, Minority Report); Jake Horowitz (Adam Bloom, The Vast of Night); and Mark Rylance (Oscar winner for Bridge of Spies).
  Guadagnino is joined behind the camera by director of photography Arseni Khatchaturan (Eyimofe. This Is My Desire, The Idol), production designer Elliot Hostetter (Beckett, Waves), editor Marco Costa (We Are Who We Are, Suspiria), costume designer Giulia Piersanti (Suspiria, Call Me by Your Name) and composers Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Soul, Mank). Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures presents A Frenesy Film Company / Per Capita Productions production, in association with The Apartment Pictures / Memo Films, 3 Marys Entertainment / Elafilm / Tenderstories. Bones and All will be distributed internationally by Warner Bros. Pictures and is set to open in Poland 25 November 2022.
  ***
  The 13th edition of the American Film Festival will be held from 8 till 13 November in Wroclaw. Online part of the festival will last till the 20th. Bones and All will not be available online. Complete program and detailed schedule will be announced on October 27th and ticket sales (for both Wroclaw screenings and online access) will start a day later, on October 28th.