<synthesis> invite: Data Activism Future AND Art as Data Activism (June 29/30 on Zoom)

Stefania Milan lists at stefaniamilan.net
Sat Jun 26 13:17:09 CEST 2021

Dear friends and colleagues

we are happy to invite you to two events celebrating the DATACTIVE
project (data-activism.net), which over the past 6 years has
investigated citizen engagement with data and tech innovation from a
social science perspective. The events will take place in
Amsterdam/Zoom, please register at the link below.

On June 29^th , starting at 1pm CEST (Central European Summer Time), we
will reflect on ‘Data Activism Futures”. PhD candidates Becky Kazansky
and Guillén Torres, and Dr. Niels ten Oever (the first DATACTIVE
“completed” PhD) will take central stage, sharing their truly amazing
work and charting future directions, too. We will also be joined by
colleagues and activists, and by artists, too, in an enthusing ride into
our learnings as well as the future prospects of data activism. The
event will be moderated by Postdocs Lonneke van der Velden and Davide
Beraldo, but it wouldn’t be possible without the hard work of Project
Manager Jeroen de Vos.We will stream the event on Zoom but from the
Amsterdam studio of Engage TV.

To make you curious, we are prepared a 4’ teaser/trailer, which can
befound here on YouTube [0](more videos will be released next week—to
survive well past the final event).

On July the 30^th , we will explore the potential of art as data
activism. This second event, at 5pm CEST and in collaboration with the
“academic podium” SPUI25 (on Zoom), involves a number of awesome artists
who will help us disentangle the relation between art and science
communication.

Sign up to receive your Zoom link (note: the two events have two
separated sign-up links) [1]

We hope to see you there!

[0]
https://youtu.be/QcN3EJMNmiY <https://youtu.be/QcN3EJMNmiY>