<m2m-eng> Welcome Ahmed Issa, Sept.3rd

Jo van der Spek M2M jo at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 31 09:51:47 CEST 2009

dear all,

The Campaign FREE AHMED ISSA reaches it's climax in 3 days. M2M and All
Included inform and invite you to join!
On Thursday the 3rd of September Ahmed Issa will hear the judge's verdict as
to whether he is guilty for the Schiphol Fire. We will be there, with our
bus and friends to support and welcome Ahmed Issa.
We hope you can be with us, to show the world that we are together in our
struggle for justice, to make a life again.
The prosecutor, Mr. Hans Wesselink, has created some confusion by demanding
"only" 2 years and 24 days in prison. This is exactly the amount of time
Ahmed has already spent in prison following the fire. Thus, this means that
he still thinks Ahmed Issa is guilty, but has been punished enough. Many
people think that he has been acquitted already, but that's a wrong
conclusion.
Lawyer Eduard Damman has demanded "vrijspraak", acquittal for Ahmed Issa, as
there is no evidence that he did it. We all know that the state built that
bloody detention complex and is responsible for the well being of all
inside.
But on Thursday Septemer 3rd at 1.30 p.m. the judges will decide: guilty or
free. That is what matters.
After the verdict we will create a special ceremony to welcome Ahmed Issa.
We invite artists, musicians, performers, etc. to create an event that looks
a bit like the commemoration. Jos Zandvliet, Jose Tojo and Appa have already
promised to come. Sjors Knol needs only 165 Euro to create 10 of his Dutch
flags sown to the trousers of the artist, and pulling legs:)
see the picture at m2m.streamtime.org!

It will be a spontaneous event, to share the feeling and say what we have to
say. We have announced this to the media and call on everybody to join us.
We have a license for this manifestation and we are cool with the court, so
we don't have to be afraid of the cops.
At 3 o'clock we will go to De Balie, just around the corner on the
Leidseplein, to give a press conference. In the Press Conference, we will
present a theatre called "Donner". In this production, an ex-minister of
Justice is struggling with his words, and his bad conscience, trying to make
a confession to a priest, but failing.
With this act we make clear who is really responsible, and who should really
do something to make things better for Ahmed Issa, the Schiphol People and
all other migrants. It is for the government to learn from their mistakes.
Another problem
After the verdict Ahmed Issa can be arrested by the IND (the Immigration and
Naturalisation Service) as he continues to be an "illegal alien" under Dutch
law. While the possibility of him being arrested is slim, it is nonetheless
a concern. Especially because he maybe jailed in a detention comlex again...
So even if he is free, he can go to prison immediately afterthe judge has
spoken. Three lawyers have confirmed to M2M that this is possible. And we
know that the IND can do what they want with socalled illegal migrants. We
know that Miloud Fritass was deported last January, even though he was in K,
is traumatized and recognized as a victim. He even received compensation
money. So we have no guarantee that they will let Ahmed Issa walk free.
That is another reason why we have to be there,to make sure that Ahmed Issa
is really freeto make him feel good and comfortable when he comes out of the
palace ofJustice
to say WELCOME AHMED ISSA!
After the verdict, the welcome ceremony and the press conference with
theatre we can relax and hopefully celebrate.Ahmed Issa has told us that he
observes Ramadan, like many of us. This means: no food or drinks before
sunset. Respect.Jo and Sakho and Vincent
Campaign FREE AHMED ISSA
M2M and All Included
tel 0624148872

Donations are very welcome too!
Triodos bank 390271918 St. M2M Amsterdam
IBAN: NL03 TRIO
BIC: TRIONL2U