<m2m-eng> Launch of new Campaign: Free Ahmed Isa

Jo van der Spek M2M jo at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 28 15:36:13 CET 2009

The Schiphol Fire on trail. The next campaign

In Holland innocent migrants are detained and tortured by the thousands.
Eleven migrants died in the Schiphol Fire.
And the prosecutor persists in accusing the first victim. Politicians remain
silent about this sysematic violation of rights. Their silence is killing.
We can break this silence, together.

Free Ahmed Isa
we are here

M2M and All Included invite you to join our next campaign with the Schiphol
People.
On Tuesday 21st of April the High Court of Amsterdam will start the trial in
appeal against Ahmed Isa.
We are preparing a series of actions and activities to make clear that not
Ahmed Isa should stand in front of the judges, but the government of the
Netherlands.
Because it is the Dutch government that built the prison at Schiphol Oost,
they recruited and trained the personnel, they were in charge of safety and
care for  people without the possibility to protect themselves against thair
detention, against the fire and against the security forces that preferred
to let people die inside their cells, rather than allowing them to save
themselves or be saved by their fellow prisoners. Not Ahmed Isa.

We say: even if Ahmed Isa started the fire by throwing away his shaggie,
rolled with Blue Rizla paper, it was still the system that did everything
to cause the disaster. And every roll-your-owner knows that a shaggie rolled
with Blue Rizla is very difficult to keep alight.
Besides the technical evidence that indicates that the fire did not start in
Ahmed Isa's cell, a historiical analysis of the way foreigners are
facilitated to be deported at Schiphol Oost detention complex (and elsewhere
in the Netherlands) clearly proves the contempt for the human rights
of innocent people put in a prison, just to deport them more easily. It
starts with denying their right, it ends with taking their life.

The survivors of the Schiphol fire and their friends, together known as the
Schiphol People, know all about the way the government takes its
responsibility. They persecute Ahmed Isa, who was the first to burn himself.
They took the survivors to a prison boat. They threatened to deport them for
a year after the fire. They refused proper therapy for their trauma's. They
refuse to pay proper compensation. And they can't say sorry, we made a
mistake.
They can't even say: what can we do to help you make a life again? They are
blind, deaf and mute.

We will be there, in court, in Amsterdam, with Ahmed Isa.

to see, to speak, to listen

Because we are here.

You can help this campaign.
Contact us at m2m.at.streamtime.org
Call us at +31624158872.
Donate at ING 3452284, Jo van der Spek, Amsterdam. ref. Free Ahmed Isa.