<m2m-nl> Nieuws uit Actiekamp Ter Apel, 22 mei: WIJ BLIJVEN

Jo van der Spek jo at xs4all.nl
Tue May 22 21:45:49 CEST 2012

Ter Apel Camp News Bulletin

Tuesday 22 May

A     NEW LIGHT

Iraqis all refuse to give up the camp. Somali’s take time to decide.

Today the parliament  voted against a proposal to review all cases
of  Iraqi asylants. Minisiter Leers tried to convince a delegation of
the campers to return voluntarily and to give up the camp. His offer
to give shelter for three weeks was rejected and the Iraqis will
stay  in the camp in ter Apel. The Minister thinks he can make a deal
with his Iraqi counterpart in three weeks.

The Somali group is talking all day about the situation and may reach
a decision in the night.

The leadership of the Iraqi’s wants another meeting with Mayor
Kompier and is also considering going to court against a possible
violent eviction og the camp.

Yesterday the mayor once again  came to the camp. She told Ahmed
Mustafa of M2M that she wanted to see the situation and to know what
we need. She said she was proud of the fact that the camp is still
growing in size.

Health situation

Six people are waitingsince last Saturday for a dentist to relieve
their pain. Today two Dutch women worked hard to find a dentist in
the neighbourhood, but nothing worked. M2M talked with dentist van de
Beemt in Emmen. He explained that this is a very special situation
and that the mayor should organize a table meeting to solve the problem.

Transport initiative

Many people want to come and help but don't have transport. Others
come by car and can take passengers. To travel together we use a
website called datumprikker, date picker in English. It is open for
all to use:

http://www.datumprikker.nl/dp/scripts/event_register.asp?
key=p9tobdpz1nkgp

The Internet connection is working again, after an interruption a
day. Now only problem is that this public service is interrupted when
the generator stops, when the petrol is finished. But we can produce
our own information service to the world. And see what the world says
about us.

Media

The M2M Media tent is run by Ahmed and Sam. Here we can publish on
facebook and youtube and twitter and make intervieuws and photo's and
newsbulletins, etc.

Tent 27 on the central village square. We call it New Light.

Facebook:

Irakezen Tentenkamp:

http://www.facebook.com/Irakezententkampterapel

Like a Somali, information in english:

http://www.facebook.com/JoM2M

M2M in Dutch:

Youtube channels: Dhargam1000 and M2M

email: m2migrant at gmail.com

Ahmed made an interview with a teacher of a school in nearby Emmen
and he would like to make small stories and put them up with photos
in a school to show to the people outside the difference between us
and them. Also a radio rperson from  Hilversum interviewed me with a
lady from Africa. Tanja went home and left her laptop and taught me
how to publish the news in :

www.livestream/occupynederland

On Sunday evening all memebers of parliament received the Youtube
film of the camp. This one made by Huib and Moniek of FAIRbeeld.

http://youtu.be/ETNCL3nzzTU

The TV set was taken back. Many people were so happy to watch the
match on it.

Tobias Mueller, reporter for German newspaper Die Tageszeitung got
all our attention. He made interview with Al Ani, the initiator of
this camp. His article should be published (in German) on Wednesday.

Tanja from Groningen came with a camera to make a live stream and
filming your M2M reporter when he was talking with the mayor.

Culture

The coming weekend is a Christian celebration of the Holy Spirit.
There are many festivals: in Rotterdam Dunya, in Nij,egen the Music
Meeting and in Appelscha the anarchist freedom camp.

On June 2nd and 3rd there is a meeting of the Dutch No Border
networik in eden Doloder.

Vacancies

Newsroom of M2M is looking for staff:

Reporters, editors, facebookers, uploaders, downlaoders,
distributors, painters and cable boys. But also DJ's, photographers,
printers and translators. For graphic designers we have also work:
deisgning this news bullletin! Welcome in M2M’s Media tent 27.

Shukran

Dankjewel

Thanks

Mahad sennet.