<videovortex> UnnayanTV presents The Victims

geert lovink geert at desk.nl
Sun Oct 25 13:33:47 CET 2009

Dear Friends,

I have produced a documentary on Climate Change in Southern Districts
of Bangladesh.

http://www.unnayantv.com/documentary/thevictims.html

The Victims
 From February 2007 to October 2009, I have visited most effected
southern districts of Bangladesh. I talked with a huge number of
climate victims in many places, sorted considering the different
parameters and effects like flood, storms, salinity, sea level rights,
erosion etc. I have try to discover, along with natural and
environmental changes, how the life changing. I was surprised to know
that parallel to international community the local policy maker also
try to explain the poverty for climate change as economical poverty. I
was surprised to see the local reality, how gravely the poor are
becoming poorer, marginalized are becoming more marginalized. But
crude reality, grassroots victims do nt why the climate is abruptly
changing! Why frequently flood and storms are attacking them. Most of
victims its a curse of natural curses! They don't have any objection!
They don't have resentment!

However, Bangladesh has been identified one of most vulnerable climate
change victim country of the world. The main objective of the
documentary is to present the Bangladeshi reality in the global stage
that international community can taken initiative and effective policy
implementation to save the climate victims as well as our lovely planet.

Director: Shahjahan siraj
Video editing: J. Alam
Production Associates: Hasan, Rohit, Polash, Devashis
Copyright & Technical support:Machizo Multimedia

------------------------
Shahjahan Siraj
Multimedia Designer and Editor

House- 35, Flat-D5, Road-12 A ( new )
Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka - 1209, Bangladesh

E.mail: siraj at machizo.com
Phone: + 88-01715212204, +88-02-9119846

Skype ID: sirajtps ; Gmail: sirajdhaka

--------------------------

UnnayanTV is the Bangladesh first online video channel which will
publish regularly video contents on popular culture, development,
human rights, educational and environmental issues of Bangladesh. It
is an alternative initiative against the commercial giant media. The
Bangla word "Unnayan" stands for "Development" ie. "Development of
human life and civilization"

“ Local content and global voice ” with this motto, multimedia local
content producing, advocacy to peoples rights and promoting majority
peoples stories with innovative journalistic approach are the main
mission of UnnayanTV. It will profoundly feature the unreported
Bangladesh and will create space for marginalized community
particularly grassroots poor to express their voice, experience and
stories. The project's vision is to make Bangladeshi grassroots people
as "internet hero`, especially who lives under the poverty line.

The project is open for making partnership and collaboration with
national and international development organisations and creative
individuals who are committed to develop the present scenarios. It is
a zero funded, non for profit project of Machizo, social entrepreneur
multimedia and communication organisation in Bangladesh.

Under this initiative Machizo is widely producing web documentary and
documentary film for free access of all to Bangladeshi video content
through online publishing. Not only official team of Machizo, the
students of Media Studies and Journalism of ULAB is publishing their
video art work which makes them confidence to be media learning. The
publisher. Shahjahan Siraj nowadays teaching at ULAB encourages the
students to produce content on grassroots reality, cultural spirit,
environment, marginalised community, development success story,
indigenous ways, human rights, alternative initiatives and promising
leadership.