<videovortex> SOUND CONTINUUM

Vito Campanelli info at vitocampanelli.it
Wed Oct 28 08:52:17 CET 2009

Some of you might be interested.

Best,
V.

--------------------
SOUND CONTINUUM// 21/22/23 November 2009 // Yokohama

Announcement
Through sponsorship from the Agency for Cultural Affairs Japan and in partnership with the School of Sound, London, Non Profit Organization Image Initiative Yokohama & Tokyo University of the Arts’ Graduate School of Film and New Media will host “SOUND CONTINUUM”, an international conference for recording arts and sound archives. This conference will focus on exploring the art of sound in moving image.

SOUND CONTINUUM
International Conference for Recording Arts and Archives In collaboration with CONCRETE

21/22/23 November 2009
Yokohama Campus 1F Hall, Graduate School of Film and New Media, Tokyo University of the Arts

The field of sound recording and sound design is relatively new and therefore has not been researched extensively within Asia. In the past, recording and designing sound were regarded as a subordination of music and cinema. In this conference we will discover and discuss the philosophical and creative aspects of sound design, rather than sound design as just a by product of music and cinema. We would also like to explore the possibility of broadening the understanding of sound recording and sound design by inviting participants from Europe who posses detailed knowledge in this field.

Concept
1: Exploring and interpreting the art of sound in film and new media.
2: Understanding the working process of artistic creation.
3: Exploring in depth new ideas for the relationship between sound and media.

List of Participants
-Michel Chion [Professor of Paris 3 University / Film Sound Researcher / Composer]
-Richard Ranft [British Library, Head of Sound Archive]
-Larry Sider [Director ofSchool of Sound / Former Head of Postproduction NFTS]
-Kiyoshi Kurosawa [Film Director / Professor of Tokyo University of the Arts]
-Junichi Konuma [Professor of Waseda University]
-Minoru Hatanaka [Curator ]
-Keiko Torigoe [Professor of Aoyama Gakuen University / Sound Scape Researcher]
-Ho Tzu Nyen [Visual Artist / Film Maker from Singapore]
-Tomomi Adachi [Composer/Voice Performer ]

Contact
We are looking forward to hearing from you for interview appointments and further questions.
Detailed information and artist biographies will be accessible soon on our website:
http://www.facebook.com/l/abda4;www.the-concrete.org

Press Contact
Yasuhiro Morinaga
Mail: register at the-http://www.facebook.com/l/abda4;concrete.org