<videovortex> Who knows some online video exhibitions?

linda wallace lwallace at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 21 16:45:57 CEST 2010

here was one idea from curator Marina Fokidis, for the the pulse art
fair, NY March 2009

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=randomrules09#g/p

For PULSE PLAY> Random Rules, curator Marina Fokidis has invited
several emerging and established artists to create their very own
playlists thereby presenting these artists not only as artists, but as
curators and as collectors as well. According to Fokidis, the active
use of YouTube is a form of curating and 'Different people's
'playlists' are transformed into exhibitions and 'tagging' becomes a
process of random archiving.'

Artists include Andrea Angelidakis, Aids 3D, AVAF, Pablo Leon de la
Barra, Erick Beltran, Keren Cyter, Jeremy Deller, Cerith Wyn Evans,
Dominique
Gonzalez Foerster, Dora Garcia, Rodney Graham, Annika Larsson, Matthieu
Laurette, Ingo Niermann, Miltos Manetas, Ahmet Ogut, Angelo Plessas,
Lisi Raskin, Linda Wallace.

(however I have noticed that some of the playlists no longer function
properly, maybe because some of the clips dropped out/were removed from
youtube. some of the playlists just stop, mid-list)
linda