<videovortex> Dr. Strangelove on the Future of Identity, Authority, and Online Video: Preamble to Video Vortex #6 (Part Two)

Dr. Strangelove Michael at Strangelove.com
Wed Feb 16 19:22:25 CET 2011

Greetings,

I'll be making a few opening remarks on the future on YouTube and online
video at the forthcoming Video Vortex #6.

This video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0gogskZjuU> is the SECOND in
a series of video preambles to my opening remarks in Amsterdam this March.

In a somewhat unconventional manner I suggest that amateur online
videography poses as significant challenge the institutional modes of
self-presentation and the projection of authority and legitimacy within
capitalism.

Maybe online video will undermine the 'institutionalization of
self-presentation' or maybe I am just all wet...

Dr. Strangelove