<videovortex> A slightly less 'super' peer (Andrew Clay)

gh hovagimyan ghh at thing.net
Mon Jun 4 15:40:18 CEST 2012

Video is proliferating. Everyone has a camera.  Broadcast media is
just one form.
I think of this time as "post-media" or more accurately post-mast
media in which
The multiplication creates a discourse with MSM.   The next wave to
come is much more interesting.
It's Augmented Reality, in which an information layer is superimposed
over reality.
Video will be a component as will AR glasses. Right now Smartphones
and touchpads form a temporary interface.
The network has gone from out there (internet) to closer in and is
about to be integrated into reality. It's already
happening to some extent. Witness the amount of people walking or
driving and texting.

Anyway, The question posed is what does that do to Capitalism?  The
answer nothing. Unfortunately the world is
now in a system of Capitalist Feudalism where governments work for
the corporations.  If you have a job in a corporation(or University),
you're privileged otherwise you're a servant or a peasant.  All the
technologies are products. Wa are all born to be consumers.
If we don't consume we are useless. Information is a commodity.  So
more inforamtion makes for a crowded and lively market.