[WebCultures] Virtual wave hello

Andrea Guzman aguzma31 at uic.edu
Tue Sep 2 16:59:43 CEST 2014

Hello all,

Keeping the introductions going: I am a doctoral student in the
Communication Department at the University of Illinois at Chicago. My
research focuses on human-machine communication and artificial
intelligence: cultural perceptions of and reactions to AI as well as how
individuals make sense of agents, such as Siri. I also am a history geek
and former journalist. As an instructor, I teach classes/conduct workshops
on writing for the electronic media and social media as advocacy.  I also
tweet about a variety of topics connected to my teaching and research at
@TeachGuz. I look forward to our shared discussions.

Andrea

--
Andrea L. Guzman, M.A.