[WebCultures] Welcome

Niels Brügger nb at dac.au.dk
Wed Sep 3 10:24:50 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Many thanks to Michael for having set up this list. Judging from the activity so far, the list is certainly going to be successful, and I’m very happy with that since back in 2008 I started an emaillist about web history as a follow up to a conference about web history I organized, but it never really took off, so I decided to close it last year.

A few words about myself: I have been studying the history of the web for more than a decade, and I have published about web historiography, including web archiving.

All the best,

Niels Brügger

——————————————————————————————
FIRST CALL 'Web Archives as scholarly Sources: Issues, Practices and Perspectives', 8-10 June 2015. Read full call at http://resaw.eu/events/international-conference-aarhus-june-2015/

LATEST INTERVIEWS
"Inside the Struggle to Preserve the World's Data”, Newsweek, July 2014, http://www.newsweek.com/2014/07/11/inside-struggle-preserve-worlds-data-257020.html?ynano

"How to preserve the web’s past for the future”, Financial Times, April 2014, http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/d87a33d8-c0a0-11e3-8578-00144feabdc0.html#axzz37cXx9xdw

LATEST PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS

August 2013
Web historiography and Internet Studies: Challenges and perspectives, New Media & Society, 15(5), 752-764
Read more: http://nms.sagepub.com/content/15/5/752.abstract

June 2013
Historical Network Analysis of the Web, Social Science Computer Review, 31(3), 306-321
Read more: http://ssc.sagepub.com/content/31/3/306.abstract

March 2013
The Web and Digital Humanities: Theoretical and Methodological Concerns (w. N.O. Finnemann), Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media 57(1), 66-80
Read more: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08838151.2012.761699

NIELS BRÜGGER, Associate Professor, PhD
Head of the Centre for Internet Studies and of NetLab
Department of Aesthetics and Communication
Aarhus University
Helsingforsgade 14, building 5347, room 236
8200 Aarhus N
Denmark

Phone (switchboard)   +45 8715 0000
Phone (direct)               +45 8716 1971
Phone (mobile)             +45 2945 3231
E-mail                             nb at dac.au.dk
Webpage                       http://imv.au.dk/~nb

Profile at LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/50a/555
Skype name: niels_bruegger