[Filmfestivalresearch] Pan-Asia Film Festival - 9-18 March 2012, London

sonali joshi sonali at day-for-night.org
Thu Mar 8 10:33:39 CET 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Those in London or with an interest in Asian film festivals may
be interested to know about the Pan-Asia Film Festival, opening
in London tomorrow with the world premiere of ONE MORE by
Shivajee Chandrabhushan.

The Pan-Asia Film Festival is the only festival of its kind in
the UK, showcasing Asia’s freshest emerging talent alongside work
by established filmmakers from right across the Asian continent.
The festival is hosted by Asia House, the leading pan-Asian
organisation in the UK.

Other highlights include

* 3.11 A SENSE OF HOME - a programme of short films by leading
international filmmakers (inc. Apichatpong Weerasthekaul, Jia
Zhang-ke among others) curated by award-winning director Naomi
Kawase in response to last year's Japanese earthquake/tsunami

* UK premiere of COME RAIN, COME SHINE (Lee Yoon-ki, South Korea)

* UK premiere of MOTHER'S PARADISE (Aktan Arym Kubat, Kazakhstan)

* closing gala UK premiere of 11 FLOWERS (Wang Xiao-Shuai) + Q&A

I have a few free tickets available for the opening screening so
if anyone is interested, do let me know today.

Full details of the festival are available at
[1]http://asiahouse.org/exhibitions-and-events/detail?id=44. Plea
se do circulate to any of your contacts who may be interested.

kind regards,

Sonali Joshi

Dr Sonali Joshi
Artistic Director
Pan-Asia Film Festival - London, 9-18 March 2012
[2]www.asiahouse.org

Founder & Film Curator
day for night*
- film exhibition I distribution I screen translation -
154 St Paul's Rd, London N1 2LL
t: +44 78 76 79 67 35
[3]www.day-for-night.org