[Filmfestivalresearch] Film Festivals and the Middle East

Stefanie Van De Peer sevdp at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Apr 8 19:08:44 CEST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Dina Iordanova and I are currently preparing the next volume in our series on film festivals, which will concentrate on film festivals and the Middle East. The commissioning stage has gone successfully, but we have identified a gap on work being done on festivals that take place in the Gulf region. The three largest and most prestigious film festivals in the Arab world, Doha Tribeca, Abu Dhabi and Dubai, are currently not properly covered in our plan, even though they are an inherent and very visible part of the circuit in the Middle East and worldwide.

We are therefore wondering if there is someone we may not know about who is working on these festivals and would be qualified to assist us on this project?

Looking forward to hearing from you:

Stefanie

--
Dr Stefanie Van de Peer