[Filmfestivalresearch] Suggestions for Textbooks for Film Festival Culture --Sundance

Greg DeCuir gdecuir at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 20:02:16 CEST 2013

Dear Dawn:

One of my favorite books ever written about filmmaking is "Rebel Without a Crew" by Robert Rodriguez. There are mountains of information in that book, particularly about the Sundance experience (from the very golden age of Sundance), independent filmmaking, studio filmmaking, and everything in between. For history, culture, and process, I think it serves well.

Best regards,

Greg de Cuir, Jr
Selector/Programmer, Alternative Film/Video Belgrade
http://www.alternativefilmvideo.org/