[Filmfestivalresearch] Suggestions for Textbooks for FilmFestival Culture --Sundance

Classic Media Entertainment info at cmefilms.co.uk
Tue May 7 20:15:09 CEST 2013

Hi All

Another interesting book is "Down and Dirty Pictures" this book will really
show how it all works and if anyone has an interest in "preserving the
integrity of the international awards system" ( a paper I am writing) then
this book is really worth the read.

While we all think corruption on the festival and awards circuit is
distasteful and seems to be avoided by many, it is still there and part of
the history of the festival culture.  As many know we have written about
such festivals for over a year and while in some respects is negative, I
believe the only way to stamp this out is by educating people. So is it now
time for all to tackle this issue together? Or do we carry on we have been
doing (unsupported) for the past year and half

Regards

Tyrone D Murphy

Editor - Universal Film Magazine - www.ufmag.biz (going out in over 100
countries free)