[Filmfestivalresearch] Suggestions for Textbooks for Film Festival Culture --Sundance

ger zielinski, ph.d. geraldzielinski at trentu.ca
Tue May 7 20:54:59 CEST 2013

Hello Dawn, et al., there is one syllabus dedicated to Sundance posted at
http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/index.php/additional-resources/syllabi-on-classes-teaching-film-festival-studies/
that may be of use, as well as the extensive bibliography on the same
website.

We encourage you to publish an article on your experience/work at Sundance!
I believe a more general textbook or reader is in the works, but of little
use at this point.

cheers, ger

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Hall, Dawn <dawn.hall at wku.edu> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a textbook that covers history, culture,
> and "process" of film festivals, specifically the Sundance Film Festival
> ,if possible?  We are looking at Michael Newman's Indie: An American Film
> Culture, but haven't really found anything else.
>
> This is for undergraduates at a regional/rural university in Kentucky. We
> are taking a class to attend Sundance this January and are reviewing texts
> currently. We are actively recruiting students if any of yours would like
> to take the opportunity! Just let me know and I'll send you information.
> http://www.wku.edu/studyaway/programs/filmwinter2014.php
>
> Thanks so much,
> Dawn Hall
> Western Kentucky University
> 270-535-7360
> Bowling Green KY

Ger Zielinski, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Cultural Studies
Catherine Parr Traill College, Scott House 202
Trent University
300 London Street
Peterborough, ON K9H 7P4 Canada

T: +1 705 748 1011 X6154 (Office: Catherine Parr Traill College, Wallis
Hall 124)
F: +1 705 748 1826
http://trentu.ca/culturalstudies/Zielinski.php