[Filmfestivalresearch] Size matters

Greg DeCuir gdecuir at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 16:29:56 CEST 2013

And let's not forget Robert Koehler's love of all things Toronto:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/why-the-toronto-international-film-festival-is-the-most-unique-film-event-of-the-year

I've followed these debates with great interest. I imagine that for the average moviegoer, this is a non-issue. Bigger is better. For those of us who are critics/programmers/researchers/filmmakers, maybe it's a different story. Personally, I prefer intimacy over sprawl in my festivals. Still, as a cinephile, I would find it hard to say that too many films in any setting is a bad thing.

Greg de Cuir, Jr