[Filmfestivalresearch] Size matters

Dina Iordanova dina.iordanova at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Sep 20 16:31:20 CEST 2013

Great to see these references -- thanks Ger and Skadi.

But I admit -- reading all this stuff, the Screen Daily, Variety,
Indiewire etc. -- which is undoubtedly essential for us to follow, also
leaves me routinely underwhelmed. These guys are always saying valid
things and their observations are valid. But it is just leaving me wanting
for some more depth. It is all extremely superficial -- perhaps the format
does not allow for anything else?

The Archival Film Festivals book which we recently released has a great
interview with Tom Luddy -- check it out. I think it says more about
Telluride's special position on the calendar than many other texts I have
seen.

Jeff, are you subscribing to this list? You must have been at Telluride
just recently. Maybe you will say something for the benefit of all of us?

Dina

Prof. Dina Iordanova FRSA
Chair in Film Studies
Director, Centre for Film Studies