[Filmfestivalresearch] seeking processionals who are prepared to review an international awards charity corruption report investigation

Dina Iordanova dina.iordanova at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 10:13:39 CET 2016

This is a very interesting note that signals something that has been long
muted -- the shaky financial reporting and the lack of transparency
related to the film festival world.
Many festivals are regarded as money laundering operations (I cannot say
if they are, of course) or as vehicles for channelling funds in general.
Even some of the biggest players are not immune. It would make for a
fascinating topic for research -- if access were to be given (which is
normally not the case).

Dina Iordanova FRSA
Professor of Global Cinema and Creative Cultures
Director, Institute for Global Cinema and Creative Cultures (IGCCC)
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/globalcinema
https://www.facebook.com/staigccc
Publisher, St Andrews Film Studies
University of St Andrews, Scotland