[re-search] Welcome!

astrid mager astrid.mager at oeaw.ac.at
Tue May 8 13:46:05 CEST 2012

Dear all,

to get list discussions started I thought I'd provide some links to
interesting events I've attended & co-organized over the last couple of
days:

1) the event "black box search engine" René and I organized in Vienna.
It was a great gathering - almost a mini conference - with excellent
Austrian and international speakers. The video archive is here for those
interested (in German though):

http://bambuser.com/v/2585579 - the program could be found here:
http://www.univie.ac.at/internetforschung/2012/04/themenabend-black-box-suchmaschine-25-4-2012-18-30-mq-raum-d/

2) the 4th ICTs and society conference in Uppsala having focused on
Critical Theory and New Media developments.. including issues such as
the political economy of search/ social media, surveillance, privacy
issues etc., but also counter tactics, social movements, Occupy etc. It
was a truly critical and hence interesting conference with renowned
keynote speakers and interesting panel discussions - a review could be
found on my blog: http://www.astridmager.net/?p=2012

3) our network Internet Research is organizing seminars, lectures,
workshops etc. on new media & society on a regular basis.. that might be
interesting for those living/ working in or near Vienna. That's our
blog: http://internetforschung.univie.ac.at/

I'm already looking forward to further contributions to the list!
All the best for now, Astrid

Am 02.05.2012 14:36, schrieb René König:

> Hi,
>
> I´d like to welcome everybody who is already on the list. Please feel
> free to post whatever you find interesting in the area of search
> engines. It can be anything -- new publications, conferences or just
> thoughts.
>
> Please also share the link for registration to others who might be
> interested (bit.ly/Iprbtb).
>
> I would like to thank the Institute of Network Cultures
> (http://networkcultures.org/) for hosting this list!
>
> Cheers,
>

> René
>
> ---
>
> Dipl.-Soz. René König
>
> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
>
> Institute for Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis (ITAS)
>
> P.O. Box 3640
>
> D-76021 Karlsruhe
>
> Tel.: +49 (0) 721 / 608-22209
>
> Web/Skype: renekoenig.eu
>
> Twitter: r_koenig

Dr. Astrid Mager

Institute of Technology Assessment (ITA)
Austrian Academy of Sciences
A-1030 Vienna, Strohgasse 45/5
astrid.mager at oeaw.ac.at

http://www.oeaw.ac.at/ita/ebene3/d2-4a.htm#AM