<unlike-us> Fwd: AI & Society and CRASSH Conference Call for Papers- Cambridge

gertml gertml at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 22 10:38:33 CEST 2019

Doug Schuler schreef op 2019-04-20 04:23:
> Hi Gert,
>
> When you say 99.99% accuracy for collective intelligence are you
> referring to something like quora in which people actually weigh with
> their answers?  Or something else? I ask because I use in a much
> broader context.

AI is supposed to be about intelligence, but it's a lot of hype.

Thanks to one thousand arrests of people who call themselves (ⴵ)
Extinction Rebellion in London (and the rest of the world), the BBC
managed to respond to their call to tell the truth about climate change
in this pretty accurate documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ypaUH57MO4

But now the question came: can we have subtitles in other langages
please?  That would be helpful, one would think. So you go looking for
the FOSS EU translation AI, but it doesn't exist. In the end, it is
people who have to do the translation. My suspicion is that machine
translation is not accurate enough (yet?) for the EU to even try this.

--gert