<videovortex> Video and Participatory Cultures: Writing, Rhetoric, Performance, and the Tube

Seth Keen seth.keen at rmit.edu.au
Thu Sep 30 05:54:51 CEST 2010

http://enculturation.gmu.edu/Video-and-Participatory-Cultures

In this special issue of Enculturation, we invited scholars to explore
the ubiquity of video and participatory cultures. We started our own
investigation into this theme in a panel presentation, “YouTube U.:
Home Video Goes to College” at the Conference on College Composition
and Communication in New Orleans in 2008. In our work, we considered
the limitations of viewing YouTube merely as a broadcasting platform
and argued that YouTube should be regarded within the context of an
ever-changing and growing networked ecology. We decided our questions
and conclusions might be best extended in an on-line journal setting
like Enculturation, especially as possible contributors could link to
and engage with examples of video directly.

best
Seth Keen
---
Lecturer, Media