<videovortex> 85 percent of Facebook video is watched without sound - Digiday

Dr. Strangelove Michael at Strangelove.com
Thu May 19 16:43:21 CEST 2016

According to the article, the content in question is "branded videos"
from advertising clients that "average 85-90 percent silent video views"
-- commercial junk, ads parading as news stories.

Is it any surprise that branded video content, "a paid media buy for a
video ad," fails to attract our ears on trash click-bait sites that have
no reason to exist except to sell ads and crap.

Silence is the audience's rational response to more of the same trivial
corporate-driven media.

Perhaps the new sound of silence is the networked audience's response to
the sound of garbage coming from consumer capitalism.

Dr. Strangelove
http://www.strangelove.com/cmn3174/