<CPOV> Anonymity and Privacy

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 12 14:17:13 CEST 2010

Interesting. Let's hear the compelling voices that argue in favor of
anonymity/pseudonymity on Wikipedia. I never understood this. Funny
enough the organizers of Bangalore and Amsterdam conference never
discussed to include this topic on the agenda. It is somehow not
considered a very urgent issue. Maybe because, in the end, anonymity
on the Net doesn't exist anyway. And we all know that (or should
know...). This turns mask wearing into a somewhat funny theatrical
situation. It also, potentially, could mean that we feel for sorry for
them. Aren't they aware that it doesn't exist? It is a kind of
Zizekian 'concious false conciousness' that the anonymous users enjoy?
Geert