<CPOV> Wikipedia as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site

Dror Kamir dqamir at bezeqint.net
Thu May 19 19:11:15 CEST 2011

I have a lot of respect to what Wikimedia Deutschland is doing, and I
say it honestly and with all my heart. However, I think such a move is
wrong. I think Wikipedia has already gained too much publicity and too
much power. I don't see how UNESCO's recognition would serve the
project. I sincerely think Wikipedians should slow down and look back
for a short while, because there are already serious problems which do
not receive proper attention (and I'm talking here about Wikipedians
worldwide). Also, I am not too keen about having strong connections
between a political organization like the UN and a non-political project
(at least by definition) like WP. Wikipedia, for example, describes in
details the contemporary structure of the Republic of China, which, as
far as the UN is concerned, ceased to exist quite a long time ago. This
is just one example of how the UN and WP do not think alike.

Dror K

בתאריך 19/05/11 19:02, ציטוט Johan Oomen: