<synthesis> Call for VideoVortex #13 Online Assembly, Exhibition & Theory Fest

Donatella Della Ratta ddr at mediaoriente.com
Tue Feb 23 20:24:19 CET 2021

Hi Andreas (et all)
a big shoutout to this great idea of re-convening albeit just online (for
the moment) and doing something together with the VV community
I'm all in favor of it and, as I told Geert, I also want to throw a crazy
idea on the table, and see if the community is interested
We have a robot at John Cabot University, it's the one Audrey Tang the
Digital Minister of Taiwan used for her lecture in telepresence (pics
attached). It's easy to maneuver from a distance, and I'm gonna host an
event on March 30th for our lecture series using it, with different writers
performing from different parts of the world
In case it works, and in case the VV is inspired by the idea, we could host
one of the sessions of this soon-to-be gathering using the robot in
telepresence
in any case, i'm all for having this gathering while we wait to be back to
normal, and then I'd love to host it 'in presence' here in Rome
ciao, dona

Donatella Della Ratta
twitter @donatelladr