<videovortex> back down under & thanks!!

Seth Keen sethkeen at internode.on.net
Thu Jan 24 13:33:45 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I got back in this afternoon to Melbourne after a one night stopover
in Hong Kong. My attempt to beat the side effects of the trip which
didn't really work. I think I could of worn a t-shirt at the
conference with perpetual jet-lag written on it.

But all the same it was great to meet many of you and put faces to
emails and finally be part of what was a stimulating event!! Many
thanks to the INC crew/technicians and the montevideo people for the
fantastic organisation. And a BIG thanks to all the presenters who
came with such a diversity of material.

There is some excellent blog/visual coverage from the LIVELY Masters
of Media group on the varying sessions (some of the links)

http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl/2008/01/19/video-vortex-opening-
session-friday-january-18/
http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl/2008/01/19/video-vortex-online-video-
aesthetics-short-essay/
http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl/2008/01/19/video-vortex-tal-
sterngast-karasek-speaks-the-asthetics-of-videoblogging/
http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl/2008/01/19/video-vortex-thomas-
elsaesser-on-constructive-instability/
http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl/2008/01/19/video-vortex-jan-simons-
on-the-narrative-of-tagging/