[WebCultures] Welcome!

Heather Ford hfordsa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 20:31:57 CEST 2014

Hello!

Thanks, Michael and Geert for this great list :) I was also at the
Amsterdam conference but missed what I heard was a really wonderful panel
on web histories.

I'm a PhD student at Oxford University. I'm writing about the current state
of Wikipedia in the context of its decline. I'm particularly interested in
Wikipedia's power to represent people, places and events and how those who
control the platform are consolidating that power. I'm also a recovering
open web and IP activist with a passion for methods that are both
historical and ethnographic (thanks to Chris A. for first articulating that
for me).

Looking forward to future conversations!

Best,
Heather.

Heather Ford
Oxford Internet Institute <http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk> Doctoral Programme