[Filmfestivalresearch] NECS 2014 cfp, pre-constituted panel "Film Trade(s) and International Film Festivals"

Enrico Vannucci 10132687 at brookes.ac.uk
Thu Dec 5 12:06:22 CET 2013

Hi Dorota, Skadi and all,

Your idea of a panel on Trades and Festivals is interesting. I think it connects to the Workshop on Film Festivals and Markets that SCMS rejected and that we've thought to propose again to NECS, as you know.

Having a panel and a workshop on the same issues but with different approaches could be really compelling. What do you think?

I could also be interested in joining the panel too. My original idea for NECS focused on finding which are the festivals that professionals in the short film festival ecosystem (producers, directors, programmers, etc...) use as principal hubs in order to distribute and promote their films more successfully. I could reframe this idea narrowing my research only on trades.

Otherwise - since I still can use it for another conference - I am interested in writing something on the Clermont-Ferrand Market as the main hub for trades in the short film festival ecosystem, since this issue is also an important part of my PhD research.

Please, let me know.

Cheers.

E.

Enrico Vannucci